Quote for the day:
The greatest wealth is health.Â ~Virgil
Today’sÂ post features tips from Darin Steen.Â I recently
adopted Darin as my fitness coach to help me achieve specific
Goals in the area of health and wellness.Â If you would like
to join me in his 12 Week Body Transformation program from
the comfort of your own home, click here to learn how:
Live Your Dreams,
Take Charge of the Thoughts You Think
By Darin Steen
The attributes of optimum wellness can be broken down into
three simple areas which I call The Three Pillars of Health.
The Three Pillars of Health are:
The Exercise That You Get
The Foods That You Eat
The Thoughts That You Think
Today we are going to work on “The Thoughts That You Think”.
I believe it is the most important area to focus on.
When you start thinking more positively about yourself and
your future, the rest of the pieces fall into place.
Here are forty suggestions you can draw from to propel your
thoughts in the affirmative starting today.
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk,
smile. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock
if you have too. As thoughts come into your mind get rid of
them (minimize them like on a computer screen) and focus on
the sounds of your breathing.
3. Buy a Tivo (DVR), tape your late night shows and get more
sleep. Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy,
wealthy and wise.
4. When you wake up in the morning stand up tall, take a long
deep breath in and hold for 10 seconds, then slowly exhale;
smile and say, “I am so grateful for all that I have. Everyday
is another opportunity”!
5. Do not gossip or hold on to any negative thoughts or words.
If you think or say something negative, catch yourself, and
say, “oops what I meant to say was,” and put a positive spin
on it.Â Twenty one days of this exercise will train you to be
more positive. Try it, I dare you. Make a game out of it and
6. Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than
you did last year.
7. Always pray and schedule exercise (two cardio and two
resistance sessions per week)
8. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under
the age of six.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat fewer
foods that are manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild
Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk,
your computer files, and your closet. Doing so will let new energy,thoughts, and
things flow into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires,
issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot
control. Do not watch or listen to the news. Instead, invest
energy in the positive, precious now.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn.
Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade
away like algebra class …….but the lessons you learn will
last a lifetime. I believe that everything happens for a reason.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner
like a college kid with a maxed out charge card. Eat protein
and carbs together in each meal. Eat small meals often throughout
the day. Eat at least five small meals.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn’t always fair, but it’s still good.
21. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
19. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
20. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
21. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
22. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what
their life is like. Everyone is right in their own mind.
23. Ladies- Go on and burn those ‘special’ scented candles,
use the 600 thread count sheets, the good china and wear your
fancy lingerie now. Stop waiting for a special occasion.
Everyday is special. We are not guaranteed that we will have
24. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, all we have
is today, that is why we call it “the present”.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you. The only
thing in life that we are in control of is our attitude. Every
day you have a choice. What are you going to choose?
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words:
‘In five years, will this really matter?’
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
What you think of yourself means everything. Your confidence,
self image, and your health are directly proportionate to your
ability to achieve.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time!
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your
friends will. Stay in touch with them.
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
God provides everything that wildlife needs. He will do the
same for you.
33. We can not do it all by ourselves. Focus on helping others
in a genuine way. Learn to live to give and the universe will
open up its flood gates back to you.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often.
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following
I am thankful for __________.
Today I accomplished _________.
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World;
you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride
through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
40. LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH. LIFE’S A GIFT… UNWRAP IT! If your
thoughts and words do not get you closer to your dreams, then
Your Healthy Lifestyle Coach,
Darin Steen, the “Trainers Trainer” is America’s Top Fat loss
and Healthy Lifestyle Coach. A best selling Author, drug-free
for life professional Bodybuilder, Personal trainer, Motivational
Speaker, and family man. He is an expert on fat loss, fitness,
aging gracefully, and is the most sought after, “Reach Your
True Potential” coach for individuals in over 8 countries.