RSS Feed for This PostCurrent Article

Dear Jill… I’m Overwhelmed! HELP!

Dear Jill is a new series we have created to answer the questions that come in to our inbox and in working with clients so that you can benefit from the lessons others experience en route to their goals.

Bring us your biggest questions or most pressing issues by either commenting below or emailing us through our contact form on the top of this site. Allow the questions of others to serve you and allow your questions to serve others. It takes all of us to make each of us.

Live Your Dreams,

Jill

Be Sociable, Share!

Trackback URL

1. 13 Comment(s)

2. By Chana on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

I am the General Manager of Shidduch Coaches. My husband is the RElationship Coach of our organization. My large goal is to become financially independent with him and build up our new Coaching Practice for singles. It seems so difficult because of the kind of people we have a niche in dealing with and my lack of knowledge of Marketing & Sales experience. I really have to build up this entire business mostly on my own because my husband has his two jobs in order to keep us surviving on a basic level.

I like your video. I feel it was helpful. But I have to break my huge goal down and work on lots more sub-goals. This is not so easy for me. I do work on our business each day. I constantly look to others in order to give me more ideas and clarity. What can you recommend?

3. By HECTOR on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

ok.. doing much with very little,
    I have the concept. the vision. the desire and little money to start a big business, so based on the concept of working with other peoples money, I have offered to share my concept with a big player in the meat business, 50%50%
    he has the factory, equipment, freezers + 4 great locations stores, etc…
    so all adds up, I provide the concept he produces and we use his stores to introduce the product to the market…. well he change his mind and now offers me just the factory + delivery of goods to destinations but not the use of his stores, well I FEEL STUCK SINCE I planeed all the business based on counting with the 4 stores, now I need two ways to go:

1. resale him to become partners on the development of this new product line, since if i just use his factory services wil need to start from 0 and define where to display product or start just with one little place.

2. just take his offer and start with what I have and find thesolutions on teh way

The risk is that with the first option was going to be like selling one more item in a very well know chain.
    with no stores and not familiar product or brand name, will have to take a risk.

cheers,
    HC.

4. By Jill on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

Thank you Chana and Hector for posting your questions. Congratulations on your success so far. I will be sure to address them in an upcoming episode of Dear Jill… Keep ‘em coming! -Jill

5. By John Richards on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

Do you believe in creating a vision for your life and if so what timelines do you use. Should you schedule your subgoals in a time slot on your calender?

6. By Jill on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

John-I DO believe in creating a vision for your life. That vision evolves as you evolve and that is why you should check in at least once a year. (right now is a good time) This is one of the major components of Goal University. Fulfillment comes from knowing what you are doing today is leading you where you ultimately want to go in life. I will expound on this further…stay tuned. -Jill

7. By Arthur on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

Hi Jill. Enjoyed your video. Congratulations.I have awesome products to market and when people ask the price and hear it they get turned off. Any ideas? I am an author and I have come up with the philosophy that if people have to ask the price they can’t afford the product. I coined that phrase. I avoid giving a price and ask if they would rather buy at wholesale or retail. I tell them that I am not here to sell them anything. I give them my ID # and the company order # and let them know they can have this product at the same price it cost me and everybody buys wholesale and by mentioning my name I get a commission. People want what others’ have I tell them and if you like the free samples I just gave you, well this is like getting one free. So now they have got the first one for free from me if they now buy it is like getting the first one at 1/2 price. You can’t beat that. Like this idea?

8. By Jill on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

Art- I don’t agree with the philosophy “if you have to ask, you can’t afford it” Asking ‘how much?’ is a logical question consumers are entitled to ask. Excited to address this in a future episode of Dear Jill… keep ‘em coming. -Jill

9. By JC Sweeting on Dec 18, 2009 | Reply

Dear Jill,

I am tempted to purchase goal setting tapes to help me achieve my goals. I’m 68 and still see myself borrowing money: I need 1) financial independence 2) move away from a low paying job and 3) share my off days with family members.

10. By Harry Che on Dec 18, 2009 | Reply

Jill,

I like the video, especially the metaphor of foundation and bricks for goal and sub goals.

My question is, when working on sub-goals, how do you decide their priority? For some sub-goals, when you start on it, you don’t know exactly how much impact it will have on the big goal, in that case do you just keep doing it, or is there any method to prioritize or test them, to make sure it’s a brick at the right layer?

11. By Jill on Dec 18, 2009 | Reply

HARRY- Fantastic question. Really. The answer is that the when the path is not always clear, you do your best and evaluate as you go. You could certainly ask a peer, mentor or coach for their opinions about prioritizing but sometimes you just have to get going and evaluate as you go. One of the reasons our Goal Blitz method is so powerful is because you have so much momentum that even if you make mistakes in your plan, you still succeed… and mighty fast. Will answer in more depth in Dear Jill segment. -Jill

12. By Jill on Dec 18, 2009 | Reply

JC- I empathize with your dilemma. As a starting point, what could you.would you like to do as a means of income that you are truly passionate about? -Jill

13. By Penelope on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

I’m 68, and mRRIED BY DEFAULT I need independence financially too. I need to be on my own or be with an internationally inclined person to help facilitate my languages. I’m like Wayne Dyer and have much knowledge to share. Sraering at home is the tough part. Myself in particular. Do I get with the inner first, or tell Richard we hafe to go it alone?

14. By Barbara on May 14, 2010 | Reply

Dear Jill, I’m delighted to have discovered your Website today. I’m certain it’s my time to finally break through my own personal dilemma due to lacking the essential knowledge of goal setting to accomplish my dreams.

Thanks so much for the pivotal work you are doing in helping others realize the skills required to accomplish their dreams and supplying the formula through your website!
    Bmc